It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that there are those who are taking my name out of the season. Maybe you’ve forgotten that I wasn’t actually born during this time of year, but that it was decided to celebrate my birthday on what was already a time of pagan festival for the winter solstice. Although I do appreciate being remembered anytime, I don’t care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate my birth, then love me, and love your neighbors.
If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn’t allow a scene depicting my birth, then put a small nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all my followers did that, there wouldn’t be any need for such a scene on the town square, because there would be many of them all around town.
Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember me anytime you see any tree. Decorating a grape vine would be more appropriate. In fact I spoke about that in one of my teachings.
If you want to celebrate my birth, in a way that honors me, then here is my wish list:
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way my birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home, or to anyone else who is sick, alone or hungry, while you are able to be celebrating in fine fashion.
2. Instead of writing George complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don’t you write and tell him that you’ll be praying for him and his family, because of the constant pressure they face. Then follow through. It will be nice hearing from you again.
3. Or pick someone who has hurt you in the past and forgive them.
4. Instead of complaining about what a retailer calls the holiday, be patient with the understaffed and overworked employees there. Even if they aren’t allowed to wish you Merry Christmas, you can wish them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn’t make so much money on that day, they would stay closed and let their employees spend the day at home with their families, or even attend church.
5. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to me, then behave like a Christian. Don’t do things in secret that you wouldn’t do in my presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine. Make it obvious that your faith in me has made a tremendous difference in your life.
Don’t forget: I am God and can take care of myself, with or without the endorsement of your local government. Just love me and do what I have told you to. I can take care of all the rest. Check out the above list and get to work. I will help you, but the ball is now in your court.